In addition to the new Fujifilm GFX 100S, X-E4 and GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR Lens, Fujifilm also officially announced XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR & XF 27mm f/2.8 R WR Lenses. The US price of XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens is $799, the XF 27mm f/2.8 R WR Lens is priced at $399 and it will be released in March, 2021. Now the new Fujifilm XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 & 27mm f/2.8 R WR Lenses are available for pre-order at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. Order now if you are interested.
Fujifilm XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens Key Features:
- X-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 107-457mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- Two ED Elements, One Aspherical Element
- Linear Autofocus Motor
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Weather-Sealed Design
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Fujifilm XF 27mm f/2.8 R WR Lens Key Features:
- X-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 41mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/16
- One Aspherical Element
- Super EBC Coating
- DC Coreless AF Motor
- Manual Aperture Ring with ‘A’ Position
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Fujifilm Announces New FUJINON XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens
Valhalla, N.Y., January 27, 2021 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation is pleased to announce FUJINON XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens (XF70-300mmF4-5.6), an interchangeable zoom lens for X Series digital cameras that combines high performance with portability.
“This new lens is a lightweight and compact telephoto zoom that provides image-makers with a broad range of focal lengths between 70mm and 300mm (35mm equivalent of 107mm – 457mm),” says Victor Ha, senior director of marketing and product management for FUJIFILM North America Corporation’s Electronic Imaging Division. “Its fast autofocus (AF), up to 5.5- stops of optical image stabilization, and weather-resistance make it a natural choice for image- makers that need a versatile lens option that isn’t heavy.”
Product features include:
Broad range of focal lengths in a compact and lightweight design
- Weighing just 1.27 lb. (580g) with a length of 5.21 in. (132.5mm), XF70-300F4-5.6 combines 17 elements in 12 groups, including one aspherical element and two, extra- low dispersion (ED) elements, into a compact and lightweight body that only has a diameter of 2.95 in. (75mm).
- Paired with Fujifilm’s FUJINON XF16-80mm F4 R OIS WR lens, image-makers can use the XF70-300F4-5.6 to maximize portability and maintain versatility with just two lenses, effectively covering the 35mm equivalent focal lengths between 24mm and 457mm at a fraction of the size and weight.
Compatibility with FUJINON 1.4x and 2x Teleconverters
- XF70-300mmF4-5.6 is compatible with the FUJINON XF1.4X TC WR and FUJINON XF2X TC WR teleconverters. When XF70-300mmF4-5.6 is paired with XF2X TC WR, it is possible to achieve a maximum 35mm equivalent focal length of up to 914mm with only 2 stops of stop-loss. When using it with XF1.4X TC WR, XF70-300mmF4-5.6 will provide a maximum 35mm equivalent focal length of 630mm with just 1 stop of stop- loss.
- With either of the FUJINON teleconverters attached, photographers can continue to enjoy phase detection AF without a reduction in performance.
Powerful 5.5-stop image stabilization
- XF70-300mmF4-5.6 offers up to 5.5-stops of optical image stabilization (OIS) to help minimize the effects of camera shake, especially at longer focal lengths. Additionally, the lens’s OIS capabilities can also be combined with the in-body image stabilization (IBIS) systems found in FUJIFILM X-T4 and FUJIFILM X-S10 to add five-axis stabilization, which can further help to minimize shake caused by linear shift.
Fast and near-silent AF drive
- The use of the linear-motor drive system in XF70-300mF4-5.6 enables fast and near- silent autofocusing, which allows it to fully leverage and make use of the advanced AF system found in X Series cameras.
Maximum magnification of 0.33x or equivalent of 0.5x in the 35mm film format for 1:2 close-ups
- With a minimum focus distance of 32.6 in. (83cm) and magnification of 0.33x (a 35mm equivalent of 0.5x), XF70-300mmF4-5.6 can be used to create dynamic close-up photography, making small objects, like flowers, fill the entire frame. Attached to the FUJINON XF2X TC WR teleconverter, maximum magnification is extended to 0.66x (the 35mm equivalent of 1:1 magnification), and a necessary requirement to achieve optimal results in macro photography.
Dust- and weather-resistant structure and low-temperature operability
- Weather-resistant seals have been applied at 10 locations along the lens barrel to protect it against dust and moisture, while also giving XF70-300mmF4-5.6 the ability to operate at temperatures of down to 14°F (-10°C).
Using the compatible FUJINON XF1.4x TC WR and FUJINON XF2.0x TC WR teleconverters, XF70-300mmF4-5.6’s maximum focal length can be extended to a maximum of 600mm (a 35mm equivalent of 914mm), which will allow photographers to capture faraway subjects in frame.
Pricing and Availability
The FUJINON XF70-300mmF4-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens is expected to be available in March 2021 at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $799.99 USD and $1,050 CDN.
FUJIFILM Announces New FUJINON XF27mmF2.8 R WR Lens
A compact, weather-resistant, pancake-style lens for FUJIFILM X Series Cameras
Valhalla, N.Y., January 27, 2021 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation is pleased to announce FUJINON XF27mmF2.8 R WR lens (XF27mmF2.8), a new interchangeable lens for FUJIFILM X Series digital cameras, with availability anticipated in March 2021.
A thin, “pancake-style” prime lens, with a focal length of 27mm, XF27mmF2.8 provides a natural field of view close to that of the human eye, which makes it extremely suitable for a diverse range of photographic styles – from everyday general use to portraiture, street, and landscape photography.
“With its compact design, image-makers may find themselves using the lens frequently as a walkaround lens because of its exceptional portability, outstanding image quality, and weather- resistant features,” said Victor Ha, senior director of marketing and product management for FUJIFILM North America Corporation’s Electronic Imaging Division.
Product features include:
Aperture ring with F-stop scale and A-Position Lock
XF27mmF2.8 features an aperture ring with an F-stop scale, so that users can visually check and adjust their aperture setting without needing to look at the camera’s screen or through its viewfinder. The aperture ring also features the A (Auto) Position Lock, which locks the lens into the A-Position to prevent unintentional adjustments to the lens’ aperture while it is being used.
Weather-resistance has been applied at seven locations on the lens to protect against water and dust and allow it to fully operate in temperatures as low as 14°F (-10°C).
Lens hood included
In addition to the standard lens cap, XF27mmF2.8 comes packaged with a dome-shaped lens hood (LH-XF27) and a hood cap (LHCP-27) to provide options to protect the lens, and to accommodate users that prefer using a low-profile hood over the lens caps because of its convenience.
Thin and lightweight design combined with advanced image quality
- Since the diameter of the image circle needed to cover an APS-C sensor (28.4mm) is so close in dimension to XF27mmF2.8’s focal length, the lens produces uniquely high quality images while boasting an incredibly compact design.
- Despite its compact size, the lens consists of seven lens elements in five groups, including one aspherical element, which mitigates spherical aberration, field curvature, and distortion. This allows XF27mmF2.8 to deliver astounding image resolution, even when it is used at its widest apertures.
- XF27mmF2.8 features a high-torque DC motor to enable fast and accurate AF, while the front lens group of five lens elements effectively maintains image quality by minimizing
aberrations that may occur, whether the lens is being used for close-ups or for subjects that are further away.
- One of the thinnest and lightest*1 XF lenses in the XF lens collection, XF27mmF2.8 measures just 62mm in diameter and is only .91 in. (23mm) long. The lens is very lightweight at approximately 3 ounces (84g), which makes it an ideal choice for assignments where compactness and overall size are of concern.
As referenced above, a lens hood and hood cap come packaged together with the XF27mmF2.8 lens. Replacements of these accessories are available for separate purchase as well.
Pricing and Availability
XF27mmF2.8 is currently expected to be available in March 2021 at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $399.95 USD and $520 CDN.