The firmware update Ver.4.00 from Ver.3.30 incorporates the following issues:
Regarding the detail of the improvements, download the “X-T3 New Features Guide” from our website.
1.The update will improve the autofocusing performance of the X-T3 to the same level as the “FUJIFILM X-T4”(X-T4).
1) The fastest AF speed has been improved from 0.06 seconds to 0.02 seconds, equivalent to the performance of the X-T4.
2) The algorithm for predicting subject movements has been updated.
3) AF tracking performance has been doubled*. Press the shutter button halfway down when a subject is in the focus area to maintain focus on the subject with a higher level of accuracy.
4) The Face Tracking / Eye AF performance has been upgraded. The algorithm has been re-written to double* the tracking performance of the Eye AF in continuous shooting modes.
5) The update allows the camera AF to work in low light levels down to -7EV**, facilitating fast and highly-accurate phase detection AF even in near darkness.
6) The new firmware adds the “Focus Limiter” function which gives a pre-define specific focus range.
* When compared with the Firmware Ver.3.30.
** When using the FUJINON Lens XF50mmF1.0 R WR.
2. Other improvements.
1) The size of the Single AF point can be adjusted during video recording.
2) Photo ratings can be read by third-party software, allowing users to find their favorite pictures quickly.
3) The focus point can be changed by the focus lever during AE lock.
4) The default setting of the AF-S PRIORITY SELECTION in the RELEASE/FOCUS PRIORITY of the SHOOTING menu is changed to FOCUS from RELEASE.
3. Fix of minor bugs.
The firmware update Ver.2.11 from Ver.2.10 incorporates the following issue: