At the Fujifilm X Summit in Tokyo, Japan, Fujifilm announced the development of its forthcoming Fujifilm X-Pro3 mirrorless camera. The Fujifilm X-Pro3 camera will be built with a titanium body, which will come in three colors: Black, DURA Black and DURA Silver. The official announcement will be on October 23, 2019.
Here is what we know so far about the Fujifilm X-Pro3:
- Titanium body
- mini rear LCD
- hidden display
- X-Pro3 is super durable, 10 times tougher than steel against scratch, almost level of sapphire
- Come in three colors: Black, DURA Black and DURA Silver
- Complete X-Pro3 HVF re-design (OVF and EVF re-design)
- Fujifilm tries to separate X-Pro and X-T line
- Classic Negative will be the 10th Fujifilm film simulation mode. Nostalgic film
- Official announcement of X-Pro3 on October 23th, 2019
XF 50mm F/1 Lens
Fujifilm also revealed that the 35mm f/1 lens that it had announced was in development would be too big and heavy to be of practical use. Instead, it’s going to create a 50mm f/1 optic.
New Features for X-Series Cameras
Fujifilm is planning to add the following features to its X-Series cameras:
- Multiple shot for HDR – images will be captured with different exposure values and then combined into one image with greater dynamic range.
- Focus Bracketing – the camera will automatically detect how many shots are required and where the AF point needs to be for each one. The images can then be merged in software post-capture to create greater depth of field.
- Multiple Exposure – extending from 2 images to 9
- Drone and Gimbal compatibility – the drone/gimbal controls will be able to adjust key features such as exposure and AF point.