In addition to the new Fujifilm GFX 100S (Amazon, B&H, Adorama), Fujifilm also officially announced the new X-E4 rangefinder-styled mirrorless camera. The US price is $849 and it will be released on March 11, 2021. Now the new Fujifilm X-E4 is available for pre-order at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. Order now if you are interested.
Fujifilm X-E4 Key Features：
- 26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor
- X-Processor 4 Image Processor
- DCI/UHD 4K at 30 fps, Full HD at 240 fps
- 2.36m-Dot 0.62x OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 1.62m-Dot 180° Tilting Touchscreen
- 425-Point Hybrid AF System
- ISO 160-12800, up to 30-fps Shooting
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Film Simulation Modes
Fujifilm Announces New FUJIFILM X-E4 Mirrorless Camera: the most portable mirrorless camera in the X-Series lineup
Valhalla, N.Y. – January 27, 2021 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation is pleased to announce FUJIFILM X-E4 digital camera (X-E4), a new mirrorless rangefinder-style camera in the FUJIFILM X Series lineup.
The lightweight, compact X-E4 features the same 26.1-megapixel, X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, 0.02 sec autofocus, and fantastic color science that can be found in all the professional X Series cameras.
“Outstanding image quality, wide dynamic range, and superb low-light performance combine with simple controls, advanced Face and Eye Detection, and a forward-180° tilting LCD touchscreen to make this camera a joy to use for video or photo,” said Victor Ha, senior director of marketing and product management at FUJIFILM North America Corporation’s Electronic Imaging Division.
Main product features:
X Series’ lightest and smallest camera body
- At .80 lb. (364g) and measuring 4.77in x 2.87in x 1.28in (121.3mm x 72.9mm x 32.7mm), X-E4 is the most compact interchangeable-lens camera in the X Series of digital cameras. The product uses Fujifilm’s 4th generation sensor and processor. To maintain its slim and sleek design, a rear tilting LCD screen has also been carefully designed to ensure the body remains as thin and portable as possible.
- The camera’s compact design is influenced by the design of classic film cameras. Both the front and rear grips are flat to give it a classic aesthetic, while the top plate of the camera body is carefully molded from magnesium to provide a polished, elevated finish.
Diverse functions and easy operation
- The rear tilting monitor can be flipped upward and forward facing up to180 degrees, which can accommodate a wide variety of compositions, from high to low angle, as well as selfies and vlog-style videos.
- The top panel includes a shutter speed dial that can be set manually or switched to Program Mode (P) if fully automatic functionality is required.
- Controls have also been concentrated to front-side dials to give extra thumb space for maximum in-hand comfort.
- Using Fujifilm’s state-of-the-art 26.1MP X-TransTM CMOS 4 sensor and the high-speed image processing engine X-Processor 4 to provide incredibly fast autofocus, X-E4 uses phase detection autofocus points across almost 100% of the sensor to acquire focus in as fast as 0.02 seconds. It is also able to track moving subjects with an advanced AF-tracking algorithm, ensuring that images can be captured when the focus is optimal.
- X-E4 also includes Fujifilm’s latest Face and Eye detection technology to track subjects accurately, even in luminance levels as low as -7.0EV where used with an attached FUJINON XF50mmF1.0 R WR lens.
Extensive video-recording functions
- X-E4 oversamples 6K footage to record 4K/30P 4:2:0 8-bit video to internal media, or 4K/30P 4:2:2 10-bit video via its HDMI port.
- The camera can also deliver high-speed, full-HD video at 240fps, which can be used to replay fast-moving subjects up to 10x slower compared to footage recorded at 24fps.
Variety of film simulations
- A total of 18 film simulations are available with the X-E4, including Velvia, which is characterized by highly saturated colors and crisp gradation, and ETERNA Bleach Bypass, which reproduces
Pricing and Availability
X-E4 is currently expected to be available in March 2021 at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $849.95 USD and $1,050 CDN. The camera will also be available as a kit that includes the FUJINON XF27mmF4 R WR lens at a manufacturer’s retail price of $1049.95 and $1,300 CDN.
Several accessories will be available for X-E4 as well, including:
- BLC- XE4 (Black Leather Case): $79.99 MSRP USD/$105 CDN
- MHG-X-E4(Metal Hand Grip,Black only):$89.99 MSRP USD/$120CDN
- TR-X-E4 (Thumb Rest, Black): $69.99 MSRP USD/$95 CDN
- TR-X-E4 (Thumb Rest, Silver): $69.99 MSRP USD/$95 CDN
- For more information, please visit https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/products/cameras/x-e4/.