Fujifilm officially announced the Fujifilm GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR Lens. The US price is $2,299 and it will be released in March, 2021. Now the new Fujifilm GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR Lens is available for pre-order at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. Order now if you are interested.
- FUJIFILM G Mount
- 63mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.7 to f/22
- Two Super ED Elements
- One Aspherical Element
- Dust- and Weather-Sealed Construction
- Command Position on Aperture Ring
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
FUJIFILM Announces FUJINON GF 80mm F1.7 R WR Lens: The World’s Widest Aperture Autofocus Lens for a Large Format Camera System
Valhalla, N.Y., January 27, 2021 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation is pleased to announce that it will release its FUJINON GF80mmF1.7 R WR Lens (GF80mmF1.7), the world’s first*1 AF-capable F1.7 interchangeable lens for Large Format camera systems, including FUJIFILM GFX System digital cameras, in March 2021.
GF80mmF1.7 R WR has a standard focal length of 80mm (a 35mm equivalent of 63mm). Its large-diameter autofocus (AF) prime lens features a maximum aperture of F1.7, which also makes it the fastest lens among Fujifilm’s G Mount lenses.
“Portrait photographers using GFX System cameras can now choose FUJINON GF110mmF2 R WR for when they want images with a tighter angle of view or pick GF80mmF1.7 for when they want something slightly wider,” said Victor Ha, senior director of marketing and product management for FUJIFILM North America Corporation’s Electronic Imaging Division. “This choice will certainly give image-makers more options creatively, especially since the highly anticipated bokeh produced from GF80mmmF1.7’s wide aperture is sure to provide an incredible aesthetic quality to any image.”
Optically designed for limitless creativity
- GF80mmF1.7 R WR features nine rounded diaphragm blades that can be stopped down to provide edge-to-edge sharpness or opened up to produce images with beautifully smooth bokeh, with astounding separation between a subject and its background, from any GFX System camera. Comprising 12 lens elements in nine groups, including one aspherical element and two, Super ED elements, this lens is optimally balanced to control spherical aberration and deliver a quality of bokeh not able to be replicated by any other Large Format lens on the market.
- Fujifilm’s ultra high-precision glass molding technology has been used on the two aspherical lens surfaces to produce a tolerance of 1/100,000th of a millimeter. This is five times more accurate than regular lens molding techniques can produce and serves to minimize the onion-ring effect that can how the lens handles the out-of-focus areas of an image.
The world’s first F1.7 lens with autofocus for a large format digital system
- GF80mmF1.7 features a powerful DC motor that has enough torque to drive the focus group of six lens elements, including the aspherical element, to quickly deliver accurate and reliable autofocus, even when the lens is wide-open at F1.7 and when depth of field is extremely shallow. The lens also supports the Face / Eye AF function, which uses an advanced focusing algorithm to accurately acquire focus on a subject’s face or eyes even when they are moving within the frame.
- GF80mmF1.7 brings low-light focusing capabilities of GFX100 and GFX100S to EV-5.5, which is a 0.5 stop improvement in the case of GFX100. With GF80mmF1.7, autofocus performance for both of these cameras is maximized in dimly lit environments.