Speaking of the specifications, the Canon EOS 5DS (R) successor will likely have a new sensor and nearly the same ergonomics and features as the newly released Canon 5D Mark IV. In addition, the first specifications of Canon EOS 5DS R Mark II already surfaced around the website. Here is the recap fron CR, take a look:
Canon EOS 5DS R Mark II Rumored Specifications:
- Working prototypes are currently being tested.
- The “5DS” series will be amalgamated into a single camera.
- No low pass filter.
- All new 60.1mp image sensor.
- A new type of low megapixel mode.
- 4K video (video features will be basic)
- Identical body to the EOS 5D Mark IV.
- Focus peaking present, may appear first on another DSLR.
- Expect all the other features such as DPAF, Wifi, Touchscreen and GPS.
This is just a rumor, none is confirmed anyway so it’s best to take reports with a pinch of salt.
Join the Canon EOS 5Ds & 5Ds R Facebook group to share your photography and advice!