The new DJI Mavic Air 2 4K compact and folding drone is now officially announced. The US price is $799 and it is now available for pre-order at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. Shipping will begin on May 11, 2020.
The DJI Mavic Air 2 comes with a better camera, more shooting modes, new tracking features, and a longer battery life. The 3-axis gimbal sports a 1/2″ CMOS sensor capable of capturing 8K Hyperlapse time-lapse shots, 4K60 video, 240 fps slow-motion 1080p video, and up to 48MP stills. The DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo variation provides additional accessories for those who want a more all-in-one solution.
DJI Mavic Air 2 Highlights:
- 8K Hyperlapse Time-Lapse Video
- Up to 4K60p Video & 48MP Images
- Up to 34 Minutes of Flight Time
- Remote Controller Included
- 1080p Video Transmission up to 6.2 Miles
- 240 fps Slow Motion at 1080p
- HDR Video & Images
- APAS 3.0 Obstacle Avoidance
- FocusTrack Subject Tracking Modes
- Return to Home & Precision Landing
DJI Mavic Air 2 takes power and portability to the next level, offering advanced features in a compact form factor. Intelligent shooting functions and excellent image quality put aerial masterpieces within reach. Safer, smarter flight enables you to up your game while fully enjoying the creative process.
The Mavic Air 2 also features a number of AI-powered features, including ActiveTrack 3.0, Point of Interest 3.0 and Spotlight 2.0. Below is a breakdown from DJI explaining each of the three modes:
- ActiveTrack 3.0: Follows a target while avoiding obstacles and can reidentify targets if lost.
- Spotlight 2.0: Fly freely while locking the camera on a subject.
- POI 3.0: Creates an automated path to fly around a target while keeping the camera centered
Read more at DJI official site.