Great news for all Olympus folks: It is now confirmed that the new Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II mirrorless camera will start shipping in early December, 2016. And Olympus will have a major E-M1 Mark II try out event with journalist during the first week of November, it is highly likely the pre-order will open then, just before Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2016.
According to the report from 43Rumors, Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II (a very limited quantity) camera will first be released the first week of December, and larger stock will start shipping out in January 2017. The US price of E-M1 Mark II is NOT confirmed yet, but it is expected to be around $1,599, the same price as Fujifilm X-T2, a little more expensive than the Olympus E-M1 (launch price $1,399, currently for $1,099).
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Key Features:
- 20.4MP Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VIII Dual Quad Core Processor
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 2.36m-Dot LCD Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- DCI 4K/24p & UHD 4K/30p Video Recording
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- 15 fps Shooting and Expanded ISO 25600
- Dual F.A.S.T. 121-Point Autofocus System
- Weather-Sealed Construction
New Olympus Products:
Read more: Olympus Rumors
Note: You can now join the Olympus Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!