DC Watch reported that the pre-sale of the new concept camera “Canon PowerShot PICK” will begin via the Japanese crowdfunding site Makuake on January 29, 2021. Specific specifications and prices are scheduled to be released on January 29th. This is Canon’s third new concept camera, following the carabiner-style “iNSPIiC REC” and the telescope-type camera “PowerShot ZOOM”.
- The PowerShot PICK is a new concept camera that realizes a new way to enjoy photography and video shooting with the optical technology and video processing technology that Canon has cultivated.
- PowerShot PICK itself automatically finds a person’s face, notices changes in the image reflected on the lens, and automatically determines “now is the photo opportunity” and shoots.
Canon PowerShot Pick Specifications (based on the concepts and could change):
- 12mp 1/2.3″ CMOS Sensor
- 19-57mm 35mm equivalent zoom lens (4x zoom)
- Pans 170°
- Tilt of 110°
- Electronic Image Stabilization
- Dust and Waterproofing
- Battery life of about 2.5 hours
- Records data to microSD
- USB-C Port
- Both Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Height: 90mm
- Width: 60mm