The latest rumors suggest Canon may be working on an RF 60mm f/1.0L USM ultra-large aperture lens. There is no information about the specs of this lens. But if it is 60mm f/1.0, it will be a lens close to Nikon’s Z 58 mm f/0.95 S in terms of specifications, and it will be an extremely expensive lens. Nikon’s Noct seems to have chosen MF to fit in a realistic size and weight, but if Canon commercializes this lens, it is interesting to see if Canon will choose MF or AF.
The following is the release time of each manufacturer’s ultra-large aperture lens:
- Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM: September 2018
- Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM: September 2018
- Canon RF 85mm F1.2L USM: May 2019
- Canon RF 85mm F1.2L USM DS: October 2019
- Nikon NIKKOR Z 58mm F0.95 S Noct: October 2019 (manual focus)
- Nikon NIKKOR Z 50mm F1.2 S: September 2020
- Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM: March 2021
- Sigma 35mm F1.2 DG DN | Art: July 2019
You can also see the Canon RF Lens Roadmap for 2021.
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS R5
- Best Memory Cards for Canon EOS R5
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS R6
- Best Memory Cards for Canon EOS R6