- Approxamently 90mp sensor
- “Pixel-shift like feature” to add resolution (Perhaps like Fujifilm’s feature in the GFX 100?). Total resolution “north of 300mp”.
- Nearly identical body design as the Canon EOS R5.
- Video features are “NOT a focus” of the Canon EOS R5s.
- Image stabilization will be a “slightly different version” than the current RF mount cameras.
- Pricing will be “similar” to the Canon EOS R5.
- Announcement scheduled for Q1 of 2021 (All announcements are still a moving target for obvious reasons.)
One of the interesting specs is the “pixel-shift like feature” which is able to raise the resolution to more than 300MP. This feature is probably similar to that on the FUJIFILM GFX 100 (Amazon, B&H, Adorama).
In addition, we previously reported that the Canon EOS R5S high-megapixel camera is now being tested by a very select group of photographers as a finished product, and it will feature a new 90MP sensor, which “just about doubles” the 45MP sensor of the Canon EOS R5. This high-megapixel Canon EOS R5S body will be squarely aimed at still photographers. If you love recording videos or making movies, you will probably like the Canon EOS R5 or the Canon EOS R6.