The rumor mill is back with some more information about the Canon EOS R5C: The Canon EOS R5C would be the cinema/video-focus version of the Canon EOS R5, and it is expected to be announced in the first quarter of 2022. The price will be “significantly less” than the Canon Cinema EOS C70, which is currently priced at $5499 USD.
So, what can we expect from the Canon EOS R5C?
The Canon EOS R5C will come with a powerful cooling system, a slightly different form factor, and more codecs for video recording as well as a full-size HDMI port, and it is expected to have the same image sensor as the Canon EOS R5 and will have all of the same recording options (8K30 Raw and 4K120 10-Bit Internal Video).
Canon EOS R5C Rumored Specifications:
- 45mp full-frame sensor (Same as the EOS R5)
- DIGIC X
- Canon Log 3
- Canon Log 2 is still being discussed
- Unlimited 8K30P recording in Cinema RAW Light. XF-AVC and MP4
- Timecode in/out
- The same multipurpose hot shoe as the EOS R3. Which will work with accessories such as the Tascam XLR module.
- Active cooling
- 3/8″ or 1/4″ mounting point on the EVF for a top handle that won’t interfere with the hot shoe.
- Full-size HDMI Port
- The LCD has been moved further back to accommodate the cooling fan. So this likely means that it won’t recess into the body like the Canon EOS R5.
More information will come in the next several months.
Reminder: The Canon EOS R5 is now selling like hot cakes, order now if you are interested.