It is already confirmed that the Canon EOS R3 will feature a newly developed 24MP backside illuminated image sensor. That means the Canon EOS R3 will have a much faster readout than that of the EOS R5 or EOS R6, and the Canon EOS R3 will NOT have EVF blackout or lag issues that are present in the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6.
Some shooters claim the Canon EOS R5 and the Canon EOS R6 EVF will experience the blackout and/or lag issues when shooting still images. Although it is not a big deal for many shooters, I have seen various critiques about the lag present in the Canon EOS R5 being a bit annoying in certain shooting situations. Now, since the Canon EOS R3 uses a newly developed 24MP stacked sensor, it is expected that the Canon EOS R3 EVF would be blackout-free.
Canon EOS R3 Specifications:
- 24mp backside illuminated image sensor
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress
The Canon EOS R3 is scheduled to be officially announced sometime in September 2021.
Canon EOS R3 Group is here! Join now if you are interested!
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS R5
- Best Memory Cards for Canon EOS R5
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS R6
- Best Memory Cards for Canon EOS R6
- Best Canon RF Lenses
- Best Canon R5 Deals
- Best Canon R6 Deals