Canon EOS R3 Key Features:
- A newly developed 35mm full-frame, back illuminated, stacked CMOS sensor
- Digic X image processor
- 30fps continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking and eye, head and body detection
- Eye Control Function autofocus
- Next-generation Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- EOS-1D levels of durability, dust and water resistance
The Canon EOS R3 is a professional camera aimed at professional sports and news photographers that boasts a newly developed 35mm full-frame, back illuminated, stacked CMOS sensor and a DIGIC X image processor, 30fps continuous shooting, “next generation Dual Pixel CMOS AF” and Eye Control Function autofocus.
The currently-in-development Canon EOS R3 is based on the concept of high speed, high sensitivity and high reliability, and it will take aim at the new Sony a1. The EOS R3 will be introduced into Canon’s lineup of professional and enthusiast cameras that includes the EOS-1D X Mark III flagship DSLR camera (released in February 2020) and the EOS 5 series, including the EOS R5 full-frame mirrorless camera (released in July 2020). The EOS R3 aims to provide professional-level quality for both stills and video capture, even for moving subjects.