Canon is currently working hard on the Canon EOS R1 flagship mirrorless camera (RF mount version of the EOS-1D X Mark III), which will be aimed at professional sports and wildlife photographers to compete against the Sony a1. The official announcement will be ahead of the Tokyo Olympics this summer (July 23 to August 8, 2021).
Here are some crazy rumored specifications of the Canon EOS R1:
- Approx: 85MP global shutter CMOS imaging sensor
- Approx: 85MP at 20fps, 21MP at 40fps unlimited continued shooting
- Full Sensor Large Quad Pixel Auto Focus
- 15.5 EV+ Dynamic Range
- ISO 160-1638400
- 5-axis IBIS up to 9 stops
- 3.5” 9.33MP 1280nit 10-bit WCG RGB-OLED touch screen with 120Hz AE-AF
- 9.44MP 120Hz SuperSpeed AE-AF electronic viewfinder
- Price $8,500USD
The specs list sounds a bit “too good to be true”, but on the other hand, no one expected the Canon R5 to be so remarkable, so the Canon EOS R1 might have some of the crazy features above. Just stay tuned with us for more Canon Rumors.
You can also see the full list of upcoming Canon cameras in 2021.
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS R5
- Best Memory Cards for Canon EOS R5
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS R6
- Best Memory Cards for Canon EOS R6