The new Canon EOS M50 Mark II and Canon Speedlite EL-1 Flash are now officially announced. The US price of Canon EOS M50 Mark II is $599, the Canon Speedlite EL-1 Flash is priced at $1,099. Now the new Canon EOS M50 Mark II and Speedlite EL-1 Flash are available for pre-order at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. Order now if you are interested.
Canon EOS M50 Mark II Key Features:
- 24.1 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor with ISO 100-25600 (H: 51200)
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor with Auto Lighting Optimizer
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Eye Detection AF (Still/Movie Servo AF support)
- 4K UHD 24p and HD 120p for Slow Motion
- Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD Convenient for Vlogging and Various Composition
- Convenient Vertical video, Touch Record Control, Movie Self-Timer Features for Content
- High Quality Webcam Capability using Free EOS Webcam Utility Software or Clean HDMI Output
- Built-in 2.36 Million Dots OLED EVF with Touch and Drag AF
Improved eye autofocus paired with new video and streaming functions make the new Canon EOS M50 Mark II camera a strong imaging tool for content creators and imaging storytellers
MELVILLE, N.Y., October 14, 2020 –– Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the EOS M50 Mark II Interchangeable Lens Camera, the successor to the #1 selling mirrorless camera in the U.S. market – the EOS M50*. An all-in-one product for content creators with improved video features and autofocus capabilities, the EOS M50 Mark II is the latest, high-quality digital imaging camera in the notable EOS lineup.
“Our customer base includes future content creators and imaging storytellers; it’s in our best interest to continuously provide high-quality products that are easy to use in the creative world of photography and video content creation, as well as streaming,” said Tatsuro “Tony” Kano, executive vice president and general manager of the Canon U.S.A., Inc. Imaging Technologies & Communications Group. “The EOS M50 Mark II continues to pave the way for photography and video enthusiasts to experience a lightweight interchangeable lens camera with many similar features as our full-frame professional mirrorless cameras.”
For the family who strives for high-quality output when capturing their precious moments or for the budding social media creator, the added and improved capabilities of the EOS M50 Mark II camera make the upgrade to an ILC extremely appealing. The new features include:
- Improved autofocus including eye autofocus for stills and video
- Vertical video shooting support
- Vari-angle touchscreen LCD with newly added tap video record button and movie self-timer for better vlogging experience
- High quality webcam capability, when used with compatible services, with the free EOS Webcam Utility software or Clean HDMI output
- Wireless YouTube Live streaming capability**
- The ability to tap the screen to auto focus on your subject while looking through the EVF, helping to control who the main focus of the image is
The EOS M50 Mark II camera is inclusive of many of the beloved features of its predecessor. Overall, the EOS M50 Mark II is a well-balanced package deal for those interested in both still photography and videography – including those with sparks of social media content creation, thanks to the 4K UHD 24p. Providing a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor, DIGIC 8 image processor and built in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®technology, as well as access to image.canon cloud service for better workflow, the EOS M50 Mark II camera remains compact and a lightweight addition to your carry bag.
Pricing and Availability
The Canon EOS M50 Mark II camera is scheduled to be available in Late November 2020 at an estimated retail price of $599.99 – body only, $699.99 for the camera body plus EF-M 15-45mm lens kit and $929.99 for the camera body plus EF-M 15-45mm and EF-M55-200mm double zoom lens kit.
Photographers: Expand your creativity and versatility to another dimension with the new Speedlite EL-1
MELVILLE, N.Y., October 14, 2020 –– As a photographer, the equipment you invest in needs to measure up to the standards you set forth as a creator. In the true spirit of exemplary creativity, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the Speedlite EL-1. This new generation professional Speedlite provides higher performance and reliability unlike ever before, in comparison to previous models, with a new rechargeable Li-ion battery and newly designed user-friendly interface.
“As an extended form of expression, we understand that integrating a flash into your photography is an art form, and having the right equipment to meet your artistic demands is imperative to client service,” said Tatsuro “Tony” Kano, executive vice president and general manager of the Canon U.S.A., Inc. Imaging Technologies & Communications Group. “We’re excited to bring the Speedlite EL-1 into our product catalog which continues to offer photographers, who are experts in their field, the right high-quality professional imaging tools of the trade.”
The Canon Speedlite EL-1 works seamlessly with EOS cameras and is ideal for any photographer who works in portrait, still-life, wedding or in-studio photography. It’s also a resourceful tool for those photographers who work for news agencies, red carpet events or entertainment reporters. Its durability and reliability are at the core of the newest features, which include:
- A powerful rechargeable Li-ion Battery Pack providing high speed recycle and increase in number of flashes while utilizing the Canon LC-E6 battery charger
- An increased continuous firing number of approximately 170 thanks to a new active cooling system
- Wireless second-curtain sync
- New joystick, FE one-touch memory, LED modeling lamp and user interface display design
- A high-durability Xenon glass flash tube to provide higher accuracy and durability of the flash head
Additionally, the Speedlite EL-1 provides an expanded power range for versatility of exposure with “micro flash” minimum flash output as low as 1/8192 power, a zoom flash head that covers a wide focal length range of 24-200mm, bounce angle expanded to 120° and the same level of weather-sealing comparable with the EOS-1D camera series. Also included are two color filters and a bounce adapter for additional lighting control making the EL-1 a strong addition to the evolving catalog of Canon Speedlite flashes.
Pricing and Availability
The Canon Speedlite EL-1 is scheduled to be available for in-store purchase in February 2021 at an estimated retail price of $1,099.00*.