The previous rumor said the upcoming Canon EOS 6D Mark II DSLR camera will be announced on April 21, 2017, just before the NAB show in the US (22nd-27th). Today CR denied this rumor and said the Canon EOS 6D Mark II is expected to be announced in late Q2 or early Q3 of 2017, probably in May/June. That means Canon will NOT unveil the Canon 6D Mark II for the NAB 2017 in April.
But in April, we will see the EF-S 35mm f/2.8 M IS STM lens (announcement on April 5, featuring macro illumination), the firmware update for Canon EOS 5D Mark IV (to add the C-Log feature) and at least one Cinema EOS lens (for NAB 2017).
Canon EOS 6D Mark II Rumored Specifications:
- 24-28mp full frame CMOS
- 45 AF points (all cross-type)
- Dual Pixel AF
- DIGIC 7
- Built-in Wi-Fi®, NFC and Bluetooth® technology
- Built-in GPS
- Vari-Angle touchscreen LCD
- 6 FPS Shooting
- HDR Movie & Time Lapse Movie
- Some form of 4K video
- Movie electronic image stabilization
- Dual SD card slots
- 100% coverage optical viewfinder with some new features