Canon is expected to unveil only one body to replace both the 5DS and 5DS R in the second half of 2018 (probably at Photokina 2018). The latest rumor suggests that there will NOT be a significant resolution jump (from the current 50.6MP) in the new Canon EOS 5DS (R) Mark II body, not more than a 20% increase. So, that means the upcoming Canon EOS 5DS R Mark II will come with a new 60MP sensor.
- Working prototypes are currently being tested.
- The “5DS” series will be amalgamated into a single camera.
- No low pass filter.
- All new 60.1mp image sensor.
- A new type of low megapixel mode.
- 4K video (video features will be basic)
- Identical body to the EOS 5D Mark IV.
- Focus peaking present, may appear first on another DSLR.
- Expect all the other features such as DPAF, Wifi, Touchscreen and GPS.
None is confirmed anyway so it’s best to take reports with a pinch of salt.
Join the Canon EOS 5Ds & 5Ds R Facebook group to share your photography and advice!