Canon USA officially announced Canon ME200S-SH Multi-Purpose Camera, Canon CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 COMPACT-SERVO Cinema Zoom Lens (EF Mount) and several firmware updates.
The new Canon ME200S-SH Multi-Purpose Camera incorporates a Super 35mm-sized sensor with 12 stops of dynamic range and an ISO of up to 204,800. It is compatible with Canon’s EF, EF-S and CINE-SERVO lenses. And this camera features a locking EF mount and captures video at up to 1920 x 1080p 60 (59.94p), while supporting both NTSC and PAL broadcast frame rates. The Canon ME200S-SH Multi-Purpose Camera is priced at $4,999 and it will be released at the end of August 2016.
Canon ME200S-SH Key Features:
- Super 35mm CMOS Sensor
- Canon Cinema Lock EF Lens Mount
- 12-Stop Dynamic Range
- ISO Up to 204,800
- 1920 x 1080 / 1280 x 720, Up to 60 FPS
- Dual Pixel AF
- Motorized ND and IR Cut Filters
- 2x, 4x, 8x Digital Teleconverter
- HD/3G-SDI & HDMI Connectors
- RS-422 Remote Control Terminal
- Price: $4,999
- Press Release
The Canon CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 COMPACT-SERVO Lens combines the functionality of Canon’s EF lenses with the features and performance of their CN-E lineup. This lens is priced at $5,225 and it will be released in fall 2016.
- Covers Super 35 / APS-C formats
- 18 to 80mm focal range (4.4x zoom ratio)
- Constant T4.4 (f/4) aperture
- Parfocal design to maintain focus during zoom
- Minimized focus breathing
- Cine-standard 0.8 MOD focus gear ring
- 0.5 MOD iris and zoom gear rings
- Focus ring rotates 180°
- Matching color characteristics to existing CN-E lenses
- 9-blade iris
- Iris closing
- Compact and lightweight design
Functionality with Cinema EOS Cameras
- Auto focus function (Continuous AF, One-Shot AF, Focus Guide)
- Image Stabilization
- Remote control of zoom, focus and iris via camera
- REC start/stop from ZSG-C10 Grip
- Peripheral illumination correction
- Chromatic aberration correction
- Lens metadata record
- T-stop/F-stop number display select
And Canon announced firmware updates to several products being showcased at NAB 2016. These firmware updates support a number of feature updates for users including improvement of workflow, ease of use, focusing and lens corrections, color space, and creative flexibility for products in the Cinema EOS, HD Video, and 4K Reference Display lines.
Firmware updates are as follows (via Canon USA):
- The EOS C300 Mark II Digital Cinema Camera updates will allow various functions such as shooting in new Canon Log3, viewfinder magnification during recording, focus guide with EF Cinema Prime lenses, Push Auto Iris and Zoom function on the grip joystick with New COMPACT-SERVO and CINE-SERVO series lenses, Canon Dual Pixel CMOS AF (DAF) with COMPACT-SERVO 18-80mm and CINE-SERVO 17-120mm lenses, ACES 1.0 output, peripheral illumination correction updates and overall image improvements such as noise level reduction in low-light for Canon Log2.
- The EOS C100 Mark II Digital Cinema Camera update will allow various functions such as Push Auto Iris and Zoom function on the grip joystick with the new COMPACT-SERVO and CINE-SERVO series lenses, Canon DAF with COMPACT-SERVO 18-80mm and CINE-SERVO 17-120mm lenses, and peripheral illumination correction updates and selectable disabling of the microphone.
- The DP-V2410 4K Reference Display firmware will be updated to support ARRI Log C and ARRI metadata; improve display contrast and dynamic range; add support for Canon Log3 and Hybrid Log Gamma; and display of SMPTE 2084 input signal on the waveform monitor.
- The DP-V3010 4K Reference Display firmware will be updated to improve display contrast and dynamic range; add support for Canon Log3 and Hybrid Log Gamma; and display of SMPTE 2084 input signal on the waveform monitor.
- The CINE-SERVO 17-120mm Lens will be updated to be compatible with Canon’s DAF function in the EOS C300 Mark II and EOS C100 Mark II Cameras.
- The update for the ME20F-SH Camera will include lens support for an additional 19 EF and CINE lenses allowing for more creative choices in a wider variety of shooting applications including television and film production.
- The XA35 and XA30 Professional Camcorders and VIXIA HF G40 Camcorder updates include a new file format making it easier to integrate into third party software systems that are used for athletic coaching applications.
- The firmware updates for the XF305 and XF300 Professional Camcorders include new shooting modes allowing for greater creative flexibility, Wide DR Gamma (600 percent) Mode, Highlight Priority Mode, and Signal/Noise priority mode.
- The XC10 4K Camcorder firmware will be updated to include a new file format MP4 in HD mode (35 Mbps only), improved AF speed, and shutter speed options for flicker reduction.