Canon is rumored to have a major product announcement on February 14, 2019. We still have no reliable info about what Canon is going to announce, but a new Canon EOS RP full frame mirrorless camera and at least 2 RF mount lenses are expected to be announced on that day.
In addition, the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III compact camera (leaked images here) is expected to be announced along with Canon EOS RP mirrorless camera, just ahead of CP+ show 2019 in Yokohama, Japan beginning on February 28, 2019.
At the time of writing, we haven’t heard any new EOS M or EOS DSLRs being announced on that day. And we have less information in hand about the upcoming Canon EOS RP mirrorless camera, but to wrap up what we know so far here is a short list of features.
Canon EOS RP Rumored Specifications:
- 26MP full frame sensor
- Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed
- Body price around $1,500
- No top touch bar
- Options: EOS RP Body, EOS RP w/ RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens Kit
- To be announced ahead of CP+ Show 2019, around mid February, 2019
Rumored Canon RF Lenses for 2019:
- RF 16-35mm f/2.8L (or similar)
- RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS (or similar)
- RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS (or similar)
- RF 105mm f/1.4L
- RF 85mm f/1.8 IS STM
- RF 90mm f/2.8L IS Macro Lens
- RF non-L kit lens
Note: Join the Canon Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Canon photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!