Canon announced the 430EX III-RT midrange Speedlite today to replace the current 430EX II speedlite. For the first time in the Canon 430EX series – radio-controlled wireless flash shooting capabilities designed to make creative light control more manageable and versatile for photographers of all levels. This third generation Speedlite is a perfect primary flash unit for amateur and advanced amateur photographers looking to create beautiful portraits with Canon digital cameras such as the EOS Rebel T6i, as well as professional photographers looking for a small and lightweight secondary flash.
The new Canon 430EX III-RT Speedlite is faster, smaller, lighter and it offers longer ranges, more flexible positioning, and no line-of-sight requirement like traditional optical wireless flash systems. Other new features include refined rear controls, which include a larger LCD and new scroll wheel. In addition to tilting upward 90 degrees the flash can also rotate 150 degrees left and 180 degrees right. A catchlight panel is also included. There are now 10 custom as well as 8 personal functions.
The new Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT flash is scheduled to be available in September 2015 for an estimated retail price of $299.99.
And Canon USA dropped the price of Canon Speedlite 430EX II. $100 off!
For stunning flash photography even in complex lighting environments, Canon’s new Speedlite 430EX III-RT offers a fantastic combination of advanced features and simple operation. Compact in size, yet powerful in range, the Speedlite 430EX III-RT not only provides a portable light source, it has easy to manage features that can enhance contrast, color temperature, brightness and focus of light for more natural-looking photography. Whether bouncing the light source off a wall or ceiling, using its integrated Catchlight panel to brighten up a subject’s face, or using its bounce adapter to soften the intensity of the flash beam, the Speedlite 430EX III-RT is impressively versatile. With convenient custom and personal functions, speedy recycle times and advanced wireless photography options, the Speedlite 430EX III-RT can be an indispensable accessory for photographers ready to take their flash photography to the next level.
The new Speedlite 430EX III-RT provides photographers with a very responsive flash unit having new wireless capabilities that enable users to create more professional lighting effects than if they were to rely on their camera’s pop-up flash alone.
- Compact body for space efficiency and style.
- Zoom flash head covers a range of 24-105mm; maximum guide number 141 ft./43m at ISO 100.
- Convenient controls include a built-in Catchlight Panel to help enhance the subject’s facial expression, Dot-matrix LCD and Control Dial that help provide smooth operation and use.
- A broad bounce angle range allows the flash head to be moved up from 0-90°, 150° to the left and 180° to the right.
- Wireless flash shooting support is available for both radio and optical transmission offering users greater functional range when using a flash.
- Shortened recycling time and quick firing from 0.1-2.5 seconds per flash.
- Accessory options include a color filter and new bounce adapter that adjust temperature and brightness helping to produce more natural-looking photographs.
- Enhanced Flash Exposure Compensation and Light Distribution settings allow the user to make lighting adjustments based on their specific needs.
- 10 Custom Functions and 8 Personal Functions allow the user to tailor the Speedlite to their personal needs.
|Power output / Guide number||43m/141ft at ISO 100|
|Bounce rotate – notes||The flash can rotate up t0 150 degrees to the left and 180 degrees to the right|
|Minimum number of flashes (with AA alkaline batteries)||180|
|Recycle time (with alkaline batteries)||4 sec|
|Power source||4 AA Batteries|
|Dimensions||2.8 x 4.5 x 3.9″ (71 x 114 x 99 mm)|
|Weight||10.40 oz (295 g)|