DJI has announced the pricing info and availability of its highly-anticipated DJI Ronin-S single-handed gimbal stabilizer. The US price is $699 and it is now available for pre-order at B&H. Shipping is scheduled to start on June 11, 2018.
DJI Ronin-S: $699 at B&H.
Designed for DSLR and mirrorless cameras, the Ronin-S combines advanced stabilization, precision control, and manual focus control capabilities in a compact, single-handed form factor. With the Ronin-S, creators can shoot with the freedom of stabilized shots on the move.
DJI Ronin-S Highlights & Features:
- Three-Axis Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer
- Holds DSLR or Mirrorless Cameras
- Offset Roll Motor for Screen Visibility
- One-Handed Operation
- Interchangeable Parts Ecosystem
- Accessory Dock
- Customizable Parameter Groups
- Advanced 32-bit ARM processor
- DJI specialized gimbal drive motors with encoders
- Support for 2.4/5.8 GHz receivers
- Support for D-Bus receiver
- Support for extended GPS
- 360° continuous rotation through slip ring
- Three profile settings, including SmoothTrack and joystick parameters
- Support for virtual joystick operation
- Support for time-lapse, track, and panorama
- Sport mode support
- Roll 360° rotation support
- Quick record function
The DJI Ronin-S is more than just a miniaturized version of the larger Ronin gimbal stabilizers; it represents a scalable ecosystem for integrating DSLR and mirrorless cameras into professional-grade workflows. The single-handed form factor of the Ronin-S lends itself to lighter cameras. But don’t let its size fool you; the Ronin-S has a lot going on under the hood. Separate modules are available for the handle and accessory docks, allowing you to customize the gimbal based on how you wish to operate it.
Dan Watson has tested DJI Ronin-S with the new Sony a7 III: