In addition to the high-resolution 90MP Canon EOS R5S full frame mirrorless camera, Canon is also working on a video-oriented Canon EOS R5C (might be around 11.25MP) mirrorless camera, which will be different than the upcoming Cinema EOS C50 and EOS C70.
- EOS R Video: has the same sensor technology as the EOS R5 but with half the resolution
- EOS R Video: records 4K/120P with no crop
- EOS R Video: does 2.8K supersampling in super35 mode
- Both have a newly developed heat sinks
- EOS high-resolution: has “double-width resolution sensor of EOS R6“ (This would put the resolution at 80mp if I’m understanding that correctly.)
- EOS High-resolution: does 12fps
- Dual Pixel AF performance in low light better than EOS R5 and EOS R6.
- EOS High-resolution: “high resolution monster being hybrid for quality and speed“
In addition, we previously reported that the Canon EOS R5S high-megapixel camera is now being tested by a very select group of photographers as a finished product, and it will feature a new 90MP sensor, which “just about doubles” the 45MP sensor of the Canon EOS R5 (Amazon, B&H, Adorama).
Here are what we know so far about this high megapixel Canon EOS R5S mirrorless camera:
- 90MP full-frame CMOS image sensor
- 5-Axis in-body Image Stabilization
- No 8K video recording capability
- The design is similar to the Canon EOS R5 camera
- Dual card slots: SD (compatible with UHS-II), CFexpress type B
- LP-E6NH battery
- Built-in 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Magnesium alloy body
- Dust-proof and splash-proof
- Development announcement at the end of 2020