Back in July, we reported that Canon was working on a high-megapixel EOS R full frame mirrorless camera, which will replace both the Canon EOS 5DS and Canon EOS 5DS R DSLRs. Today a new Canon EOS RS mirrorless camera with a 80MP sensor is rumored to be announced sometime in the first half of 2020.
Here are the rumored specifications of Canon EOS RS Mirrorless Camera:
- A slightly larger body and grip than the EOS R
- 80mp full-frame image sensor
- A “new style” of joystick
- Larger LCD than the EOS R
- Larger viewfinder than the EOS R
- The “viewfinder” can be tilted up and down (We’re not sure if this was the LCD screen or the EVF, we have reached out for some clarification)
- Dual SD card slots
- No video specifications are known
- To be announced sometime in the first half of 2020.