The Sony a7 IV mirrorless camera will be officially announced at the end of October 2021.
In terms of specifications, the Sony a7 IV will use a newly developed 33MP full-frame sensor and 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE sensor-shift image stabilization, which is effective to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 5.5 stops, 4K 60p video recording as well as a $2499 price tag and more.
It is interesting to see how far the dynamic range and readout performance of this newly developed sensor will evolve. In addition, the image stabilization has been improved from the current 5 stops of the Sony a7 III to 5.5 stops, which is equivalent to the Sony a7R IV.
Sony a7 IV Rumored Specifications:
- Camera type: Full-frame mirrorless
- Sensor: Newly Developed 33Mp Full-frame BSI CMOS
- Processing engine: Bionz XR
- Sensitivity: ISO 50-204,800
- The same menu system as Sony a7S III
- Autofocus system: Hybrid with 693 phase detection points and 425 contrast detection points, Real Time Eye AF (Human and Animal for stills and video)
- Stabilisation: 5-axis IBIS and digital, up to 5.5EV shutter speed compensation
- Video resolution: 4K at up 60fps and 1080p at 240fps, 10-bit and 4:2:2 colour over HDMI
- Gamut: S-Log2 and S-Log3, S-Gamut3.Cine and S-Gamut3
- Still File formats: Raw, JPG, HEIF
- Screen: 3-inch 1,440,000-dot vari-angle touchscreen
- Viewfinder: 0.5-inch OLED with 3.69million dots
- Maximum continuous shooting rate: 10fps with mechanical or electronic shutter
- Storage: Dual: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II) and CFexpress Type A
- Launch Price: $2,499
- Announcement in late October 2021
You can also see the upcoming Sony cameras & lenses in 2021.
- Best Lenses for Sony a7 III
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a7 III
- Best Lenses for Sony a1
- Best Memory Cards for Sony a1
Note: Join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!