The free to enter 2018 Sony World Photography Awards, one of the world’s leading photography competitions, is now open for entries. The 11th edition of the Awards will provide more opportunities than ever before to win prizes and get your work scene on a global stage. Submissions are free at www.worldphoto.org
The Sony World Photography Awards has four competitions
*Please note: you may only enter one of the below competitions. Once you have succesfully submitted your images into one of the below, you will not be able to enter the other competitions.
- Professional – 10 categories, judged on a body of work (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – January 11, 2018)
- Open – 10 categories, rewarding the best single images (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – January 4, 2018)
○ National Awards – Entries submitted to the Open competition are automatically entered into the National Awards based on nationality
- Youth – for all photographers aged 12-19, a single image responding to one brief (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – January 4, 2018)
- Student Focus – for those studying photography (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – December 4, 2017)
2018 Key dates
December 4, 2017 – Student Focus closes
January 4, 2018 – Open & Youth competitions close
January 11, 2018 – Professional competitions close
February 27, 2018 – Shortlist announced
March 27, 2018 – Open and National Awards winners revealed
April 19, 2018 – Photographer of the Year & Professional category winners announced
For more information see the Sony World Photography Awards website.