UPDATE: No new OTUS lens, instead ZEISS announced the Milvus lens lineup.
It is confirmed that the new Zeiss Otus 24mm f/1.4 wide angle prime lens will be announced today between 2-3pm (14:00-15:00) Amsterdam time. But I don’t know yet if Zeiss will also announce the long rumored Loxia lens for the Sony FE cameras.
This Zeiss Otus 24mm f/1.4 lens will be the first Otus wide-angle lens. We know that Zeiss is used to producing 25mm wide angle lenses (25mm f/2.8 and 25mm f/2), so the new Zeiss Otus 24mm f/1.4 Lens will be a rare lens for Zeiss and we are really expecting its announcement.
Zeiss Otus Lenses are the completely new line lenses, Zeiss has released two new Otus lenses: Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 lens and Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Lens. The new Otus 85mm is without question the most desirable and best performing 85mm portrait lens available. Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 prime lens scored 49 points, just one point less than the Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 lens.
Note: A more substantial volume of Zeiss Batis lenses will be released in September, thanks to an expansion of the production capacity. So, if you are interested, order immediately so as to obtain your ZEISS Batis lenses as soon as possible.
Read more: Zeiss Rumors
- The King of Wide Angle? Zeiss Otus 24mm f/1.4 Lens Coming Next Month
- Zeiss Press Event Coming Later This Week, Otus Wide-Angle and Loxia Coming?
- New Zeiss Otus Wide Angle Prime Lens to be Announced in September
- Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 to be Announced Tomorrow (Sept 8) for 4000 Euro
- Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Lens New Image and Design Info