In September 2015 Zeiss announced a completely new “Milvus” lens line for Canon EF-mount and Nikon F-mount DSLR cameras. And now it is said that Zeiss will add a new 135mm telephoto prime lens to their Milvus lineup.
The Zeiss Milvus 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar Lens is rumored to be announced in 2016, as early as May. The older Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar lens is currently $400 off.
Milvus lenses are manual focus only and they are the company’s answer to towards high-resolution sensors in modern cameras which require higher image quality examples like the Canon EOS 5DS R and Sony A7RII models.
The current Zeiss MILVUS lens lineup consists of 6 new lenses. And here are the detailed info and store links at B&H Photo:
Read more: Zeiss Rumors
- Zeiss Announced New “Milvus” Lenses for Canon EF & Nikon F Mounts DSLRs
- Zeiss Milvus Lenses Sample Images
- Canon EF 135mm f/2L USM Lens Replacement Rumored to be Announced in 2016
- New Zeiss Batis 18mm Lens Rumored to be Released in April 2016
- Zeiss Otus 24mm f/1.4 Lens to be Announced Today (2-3PM Amsterdam Time)