These two Zeiss Batis lenses are the first full-frame autofocus lenses with an OLED display for the Sony Alpha full frame E-mount cameras. Both lenses will be released & available in July, 2015. And Zeiss Batis 25mm f/2 & 85mm f/1.8 are now available for pre-order online.
Zeiss Batis 25mm f/2 Lens MTF Chart at f/2.0:
The MTF chart shows modest micro contrast at f/2. However, overall contrast is superb wide open, even into the corners, and that very high overall contrast is critical to visual impact of the image.
Most notable, the performance is exceptionally uniform at all apertures from center to corner. This is highly unusual for a 25mm lens.
Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8 Lens MTF Chart at f/1.8:
The MTF chart shows excellent micro contrast wide open at f/1.8 with highly uniform sharpness corner to corner at all apertures. Overall contrast is superb wide open, even into the corners.
- Pre-order Zeiss Batis 25mm f/2 & 85mm f/1.8 Autofocus FE lenses
- Zeiss Batis 2/25 and 1.8/85 FE lenses for Sony FF Mirrorless Announced
- Zeiss FE 25mm f/2.0, 85mm f/1.8 to be Announced in Mid-end 2015
- Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 to be Announced Tomorrow (Sept 8) for 4000 Euro
- Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 Lens Reviews Roundup