The next Zeiss Batis lens will be the Batis 18mm f/2.8 prime lens and we already reported that the Zeiss will have a product announcement event on April 14 at 1:00PM London time, and it is highly likely that the Zeiss Batis 18mm f/2.8 lens will be announced on that day! And this new optic lens will feature autofocus technology along with the OLED screen, which is used for showing the focusing distance.
According to a rumor coming out of Sony Alpha Rumors, the new Zeiss Batis 18mm f/2.8 Lens will be released in May, 2016. If the rumor turned out to be true, the Batis 18mm f/2.8 pre-orders can get this amazing lens in their hands in May. And this new Batis 18mm f/2.8 is expected to be the best ultra wide-angle lens for Sony a7 Series cameras.
We already reported that Zeiss will announce 5 new Full-Frame E-mount lenses, including 3 new ones in 2016. Maybe Zeiss will give us a big surprise on April 14 at the product announcement event. So stay tuned on Camera Times for more info.
Current Zeiss Batis Lenses:
Read more: Zeiss Rumors
Note: If you are a Sony Camera User, you can now join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Sony Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SonyCameraUsers
- New Zeiss Batis 18mm Lens Rumored to be Released in April 2016
- Zeiss Batis 18mm f/2.8 Lens to be Announced on April 14, 2016
- Zeiss Batis 18mm f/2.8 Lens Coming Soon, Sharper than Batis 25mm Lens!
- Zeiss Batis 18mm f/2.8 Lens to be Announced in March / April
- Zeiss Batis 85mm and Loxia 21mm Lenses Will be Released on February 4