A Zeiss manager said “Zeiss’s target is to have 5 Loxia and 5 Batis by end 2016“. And currently Zeiss has three Batis lenses (Batis 85mm f/1.8, Batis 25mm f/2, Batis 18mm f/2.8) and three Loxia Lenses (Loxia 21mm f/2.8, Loxia 35mm f/2, Zeiss Loxia 50mm f/2). That means Zeiss will announce two more batis lenses and two more loxia lenses by the end of 2016.
Today according to the report from SonyAlphaRumors, Zeiss will announce one new Batis 135mm and one Loxia 85mm this Autumn, probably at Photokina 2016. The previous rumor said Zeiss will release one new 135mm Batis telephoto prime lens by the end of this year. But this info is NOT confirmed by trusted sources, so take this with a grain of salt for the time being. If we can confirm or deny this information from a known source, we’ll update this post.
If this rumor is true, will you buy the Zeiss Batis 135mm or the Loxia 85mm?
Store links to all Zeiss Batis and Loxia lenses:
Hot Sony Cameras:
Read more: Zeiss Rumors
Note: You can now join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Zeiss Batis 85mm and Loxia 21mm Lenses Will be Released on February 4
- Zeiss to Have 5 Loxia and 5 Batis FE Lenses by End 2016
- No New Zeiss Batis Lens Coming in 2015, One New Loxia Coming Soon
- More Zeiss Batis Lenses Coming in the Near Future
- Zeiss Batis 25mm and 85mm Lenses Reviews & First Look Video