Tamron officially announced the new SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 lens (Model A022) and two tele converters: Tele Converter 1.4x and Tele Converter 2.0x. This second generation “G2” lens builds upon the success of the SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD (Model A011), which launched in December 2013 and continues to successfully meet photographers’ needs in the ultra-telephotography category.
The US price of this Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 lens is $1,399. Available for Canon, Nikon and Sony mounts (no VC in Sony version), the new Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 lens will be released on September 28, 2016 in USA.
And, the new TELE CONVERTER 1.4x (Model TC-X14) increases the focal length by a factor of 1.4x, while TELE CONVERTER 2.0x (Model TC-X20) doubles the focal length.
Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Lens Key Features:
- Optical design enhanced to achieve even higher performance
- Tamron’s sophisticated eBAND Coating eliminates ghosting and flare
- MOD reduced to 7′ (1:3.9 max. mag. Ratio) to provide optimum tele-macro photography
- AF speed is faster and much more responsive with moving subjects
- VC performance is 4.5 stops (VC mode 3) and offers three modes optimized for different shooting situations
- New FLEX ZOOM LOOK mechanism: The new FLEX ZOOM LOCK mechanism quickly locks or unlocks the zoom at any position simply by sliding the zoom ring.
- Fluorine Coating and improved Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Lightweight and easy-to-hold tripod mount is compatible with an Arca-Swiss style quick release plate
- Arca-Swiss style removable tripod mount
- Compatible with TAMRON TAP-in Console, an optional accessory product
- Teleconverters (optional) designed exclusively for the new Tamron lens
Read more info at Tamron Japan.
Tamron Teleconverter 1.4x and 2.0x Highlights:
1. Increases maximum focal length
Although the maximum focal length is increased, the minimum object distance remains nearly the same, so the magnification ratio during close focusing is enhanced. Both tele converters are carefully designed and constructed to preserve the original superior image quality of the lens. The 2.0x model uses one LD (Low Dispersion) lens element to suppress aberrations. BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coatings are deployed on both models to help minimize ghosting and flare.
2. Autofocus and VC features are retained with compatible lenses
Autofocus functions normally with compatible lenses. (Please refer to Compatible Tamron Lens List below.) VC (Vibration Compensation) performance is maintained.
3. Moisture-Proof and Dust-Resistant Construction
The new tele converters are ideal for use in outdoor photography when matched with any lens that has a Moisture-Resistant Construction because special seals that are dust-resistant and moisture-proof are used at every joint and seam.
4. Sturdy, durable barrel design
The barrel frame of the tele converters are made of die cast aluminum, except for some parts of the exterior finish, to maintain extra strength when used with large lenses. The design utilizes a bayonet mount made of brass on the camera side and stainless steel on the lens side to ensure excellent durability even with repeated mountings and detachments.
Read more info at Tamron Japan.
Sample images and more info at Tamron Japan.
- Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Lens to be Announced Soon
- Nikon 200-500mm vs Tamron 150-600mm vs Sigma 150-600mm (C & S) Specs Comparison
- Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD Lens to be Announced on February 22, 2016
- New Patent: Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II VC USD Lens
- Tamron SP 35mm f/1.8 and 45mm f/1.8 Di VC USD Lenses Announced