Koreatimes interviewed Sony Korea Manager Bae Ji-hoon and he said Sony will concentrate on full-frame cameras in the future to beat Canon and Nikon.
Sony will concentrate on full-frame cameras in the future. In the short run, we will target existing full-frame camera users and then attract those who use entry and mid-class models to upgrade their cameras in the long run, raising the popularity of full-frame cameras. To do so, we plan to boost our presence in the professional market such as photo studios and wedding photography. Besides the stagnant growth of the camera market, the entry-class segment of the lens-interchangeable camera market is slowing down drastically.
We held a 59 percent share in the mirror-less camera market last year and have been the top seller of mirror-less cameras for the last five years, but we have never topped the gross lens-interchangeable camera market on a yearly basis. Our goal this year is to become the leader in this market for the first time.
According to Bae Ji-hoon, Sony is the leader in the mirrorless camera market. And we hope there will be more Sony FE lenses in the future.
Currently, there are 15 Sony FE lenses in the market.
- Zeiss Batis 25mm f/2 (B&H)
- Sony FE 28mm f/2 (Amazon | B&H)
- Sony Distagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA (Amazon | B&H)
- Zeiss Loxia 35mm f/2 Biogon T* (Amazon | B&H)
- Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA (Amazon | B&H)
- Zeiss Loxia 50mm f/2 Planar T* (Amazon | B&H)
- Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA (Amazon | B&H)
- Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8 (B&H)
- Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS (Amazon | B&H)
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS?(Amazon | B&H)
- Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS (Amazon | B&H)
- Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS (Amazon | B&H)
- Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS (Amazon | B&H)
- Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS (Amazon | B&H)
- Sony FE 70-200mm f/4.0 G OSS (Amazon | B&H)
Stay tuned for more info.
Read more: Sony Camera Rumors