It seems that Sony is working hard on more full frame E-mount lenses. A Japanese source who are very close to Sony retailers told SAR that Sony will release at least 6 new FE lenses in the near future, including the following lenses:
- Sony FE 16-35mm f2.8 GM
- Sony STF GM Lens
- FE telephoto zoom lens (like 70-400mm f4-5.6 G)
- FE telephoto prime lens (like 300mm f2.8G)
- FE wide-angle lens (like 24mm zeiss)
- FE standard zoom lens (like 24-105mm)
And the source said all these FE lenses will be released before the next new Sony a7 series camera announcement. Sony is allegedly working on a new high-end E-mount mirrorless camera (could be named Sony A9), which is expected to be announced in the first half of 2017. So that means all these 6 new FE lenses will be announced in the next six months.
If the report from SAR is correct, that will be a great news and all these Sony lenses will be welcomed by most Sony folks. But, I have to mention that this is just a rumor, none is confirmed anyway so it’s best to take reports with a pinch of salt.
Hot Sony Mirrorless Cameras:
Sony a6000 body: $398 at Amazon.
- 7 New Sony FE Lenses Confirmed to Come in the Next 10 Months
- You Have to Wait Three Months to Get Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens
- Seven Months on the Road with ZEISS Batis Lenses by Christian Dandyk
- Voigtlander to Release Three New Wide Angle Native E-mount Lenses in Spring 2016
- Sony to Announce a 50+MP Camera in the Next Few Months?