Sony officially announced a new full frame fast prime lens: Sony Planar T* FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA Lens. The US price of this new Sony Planar T* FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA Lens is $1,498. It will be available for Pre-Order on Wed, Jul 13 11AM. Shipping is scheduled to start in July.
Sony Planar T* FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA Lens Key Features:
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One AA Element & One Aspherical Element
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Ring Drive Super Sonic Wave Motor System
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- AF/MF Switch; Internal Focus
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Eleven-Blade Circular Diaphragm
Sony Releases Full-Frame FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Prime Lens
A quintessential wide-aperture 50mm “normal” lens, the new ZEISS® Planar F1.4 offers high resolution, high-contrast and overall exceptional performance
SAN DIEGO, June 27, 2016 – Sony Electronics, a worldwide leader in digital imaging and the world’s largest image sensor manufacturer, has today introduced a new full-frame lens for their E-mount camera system, the Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4 ZA (model SEL50F14Z).
This 50mm prime lens features a large F1.4 maximum aperture that offers impressive contrast and outstanding resolution that are hallmarks of the ZEISS® brand. It produces these consistently strong qualities throughout the entirety of the frame – from center to corner – and at all aperture settings, even while shooting wide open at F1.4. The cutting edge optical structure includes high-precision AA (Advanced Aspherical) and ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements that reduce spherical and chromatic aberration, as well as a ZEISS® T* Coating that minimizes flare and ghosting creating the classic ZEISS® clarity. Additionally, its Planar design ensures minimal distortion.
The large F1.4 maximum aperture of the FE 50mm F1.4ZA lens provides a level of brightness and speed that are advantageous for dimly lit indoor shots, night scenes, and portraits, while its 11-bladed circular aperture allows for stunning “bokeh”, or background defocus, in images. The lens also features an aperture ring with an adjustable ON/OFF switch, an AF/MF focus mode switch, and a dust and moisture resistant design¹, further increasing its functionality.
The new lens is also equipped with a ring drive SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) system, which allows it to efficiently lock focus with speed, precision and in near silence, making it particularly useful for shooting movies.
Pricing and Availability – FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Lens
The new FE 50mm F1.4 ZA lens will ship this July for a retail price of $1,500 US and $1,950 CA. The new FE interchangeable lens will be sold at a variety of Sony authorized dealers throughout North America.
Note: You can now join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens Announced, Price $125, Available for Pre-order
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art Lens Price to be Announced on April 11
- The Price of Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens to be Announced Soon!
- Sony RX10 III Camera, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 and 50mm f/1.8 FE Lenses Announced
- SLR Magic Announced the New CINE 50mm f/1.1 Lens for Sony E-Mount