DxOMark published their Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS lens review and test results: Tested on the 42MP Sony a7RII, the Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens achieves an outstanding overall score of 39 points, with a combination of 38 P-Mpix Sharpness, 2.9 TStop Transmission, 0.3% Distortion, -1.7 EV Vignetting and 5μm Chr.aberration – “It is the top-performing zoom lens DxOMark has tested on the a7R II, as well as the fourth-sharpest FE-mount lens overall among both zoom and prime lenses.”
- Outstanding sharpness
- SSM AF Motor
- OSS image stabilization
- Focus lock buttons and limiter switch
Conclusion from DxOMark:
In terms of the Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8, it’s not only the sharpest and best low-light zoom lens we’ve tested for the a7R II, it also outperforms many FE-mount prime lens options, ranking as the fourth-sharpest lens we’ve tested on the a7R II. Resolution at f/2.8 is first-class between 100 and 200mm, and peak sharpness of over 80% acutance in the field occurs between f/4 and f/8 for phenomenally sharp results on the a7R II.
Costing $2,498 and coming in at 200mm in length, and weighing nearly 1.5 kg, it’s a big beast for the diminutive a7 series of mirrorless hybrid cameras. This ssaid, it packs plenty of high-end pro features for advanced autofocus operation, image stabilization, and all-round top performance in fast-paced environments.
- Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Lens DxOMark Review: Best Zoom in the Range!
- Sony FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens DxOMark Review: Incredibly Sharp
- Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM Lens DxOMark Review: Otus-grade Performance
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Lens DxOMark Review: Best Wide-angle Zoom
- DxOMark Published the Sony Zeiss FE 50mm f/1.4 ZA Lens Review