Sony at Photokina 2016: Sony will have a press conference on Monday September 19 at 15:00 Berlin time. But we are still not sure whether Sony will annouce a new camera at Photokina 2016 because Sony usually unveils their important new products after those major events to attract full attention. I still hope Sony can bring us a big surprise at Photokina 2016.
Sony is allegedly working on a new flagship full frame mirrorless camera called Sony A9 (Sony Alpha 9). This new Sony A9 full frame mirrorless camera will be placed above the A7-series and it is compatible with E-mount lenses. According to the report from SonyAlphaRumors, the new Sony Alpha A9 high end E-mount camera will be released in the next few months, and the Sony A99II development has finished. But the official announcement date is still unknown.
Sony Alpha a9 Rumored Specs:
- 72MP sensor
- Unlimited RAW
- Dual XQD card slots
- Better IBIS and HDR
- “DSLR” alike
- Bigger than Sony A7RII, smaller than Canon 5D Mark III
- Price around $5,000
Hot Sony Mirrorless Cameras:
- Sony a7RII is the Best High-end Interchangeable Lens Camera!
- Sony a7RII is Probably now the World’s Best M-mount Camera
- Sony to Announce a 50+MP Camera in the Next Few Months?
- Sony a7RII High ISO Test at 102,400 ISO in Complete Darkness
- High ISO Comparison: Sony a7RII vs Nikon D810 vs Canon 5Ds R vs Sony a7S