Update: Sony released the new firmware update version 1.10 for a7SII to fix the sunspot issue.
Sony will release a new firmware update version 1.10 for a7SII on November 20th to fix the sunspot issue.
Here’s the statement directly from Sony:
“Sony will release a firmware update for the α7S II camera on 20th November, 2015. It is designed to eliminate the occurrence of a black spot that may appear in frame when shooting in a specific set of high intensity light conditions. The new firmware, version 1.10, will be available for download through Sony’s e-support site http://www.sony.eu/support/ on the product page for model “ILCE-7SM2”
Thank you Sony for fixing the sunspot issue so promptly.
Hot Sony Cameras:
Sony A6000 with 16-50mm lens: $628 at Amazon
Read more: Sony Camera Rumors
Follow Sony a7SII on Facebook:
Note: If you are a Sony Camera User, you can now join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Sony Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SonyCameraUsers
- Sony a7RII Firmware Update Version 1.10 Released, Download Now!
- Sony A7II Uncompressed 14-Bit RAW Firmware Update Released
- Sony A7II Uncompressed 14-Bit RAW Firmware Update Coming on November 18!
- Sony a7SII will be Available for Pre-order on Sep 17: $2,999, Ship in October
- Metabones Released Firmware Update V0.46 for EF-E Smart Adapter and EF-E Speed Booster