Note: The new Sony a7RII mirrorless camera is now in stock for $3,199.99 at BestBuy on eBay (Click here) and B&H Photo (Click here). You can also pre-order or buy Sony a7RII (check the availability) at Amazon for $3,198.
It all adds up to a camera that becomes the most practical and affordable way to enjoy very high resolution images and video, and as such one that easily earns my Highly Recommended rating. I’m not overly fond of modern marketing terms, but the A7r II really is a disruptive product that should have a serious number of high-end DSLR owners considering a switch when it comes to upgrading. Yes there are still a number issues, but the sheer quality, feature-set and price make it a camera that everyone at this end of the market should seriously consider. Meanwhile other companies should thank Sony for proving there’s not only a market for a truly high-end mirrorless camera, but high demand for it too.
Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens: $739.99 at Get It Digital via eBay
Sony FE 70-200mm f/4.0 G OSS Lens: $1,179.99 at Get It Digital via eBay
Sony 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens: $699 at Get It Digital via eBay
Sony a7RII Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SonyAlpha7RII
Follow Sony a7RII on Facebook:
- Sony a7RII Reviewed by DPReview: It Can Match or Beat DSLR Low Light AF Performance
- Sony a7RII Reviewed by Luminous Landscape: “2015 Camera of The Year”
- Sony a7RII in Stock Now at B&H and Best Buy
- Sony a7RII vs a7S Low Light Performance Tests
- How to Light & Photograph a Silhouette Indoors with Sony a7RII