The new Sony A6000 series camera (named Sony A6100 or A7000), is delayed and this new Sony E-mount mirrorless camera is rumored to be released sometime in 2016 instead of late 2015, according to the latest sony rumors.
According to the info from Ricoh and Nikon sources, Sony has developed a new sensor for the A7000 / A6100, and this new sensor could be used by other companies six months after the Sony A7000 announcement. So, Sony A7000 / A6100 is delayed, and Sony has changed their product roadmap since the new A6000 series camera was set to be announced with the new Sony a7RII, RX10 II and RX100 IV. And, we have to wait until 2016 to use the new Sony APS-C sensor with hybrid autofocus tech.
About the name: The name of this new Sony E-mount mirrorless camera is not confirmed yet. The first rumored name is Sony a6100, then Sony a7000, but it is a real new a6000 series camera.
Stay tuned for more info.
Read More: Sony Alpha Rumors
Follow Sony A6100 on Facebook:
Follow Sony A7000 on Facebook:
- Sony A6100 or A7000 to Feature Weather Sealed and Fastest Autofocus
- Sony A6100 or A7000 Rumored to Have 4K Video Recording, Fastest Autofocus
- Sony A6100 Coming in May or June, No 4K, 24.3MP sensor
- Sony A6xxx Rumored to be Announced in mid June, 2015
- Sony A7000 Specs Leaked, To Be Announced at CES 2015