Sigma released a new firmware update version 1.01 for the MC-11 Mount Converter/Lens Adapter. You can download it at Sigma Global official site here. The Sigma MC-11 adapter is designed for Sony E-mount (full frame and APS-C) cameras. With the new MC-11, Sony camera users will be able to utilize 19 Global Vision lenses in Sigma Canon Mount (EOS) and Sigma Mount (SA). PS: The new Sigma MC-11 Mount Converter will be released on May 17 2016 for $249.
Below are the firmware improvements:
It has improved the following phenomenon that occurs when lenses that are not compatible with the MC-11 are attached and no light is emitted on the MC-11’s LED lamp.
- It does not operate properly on continuous shooting mode.
- In the case of some lenses that incorporate an OS function, when the camera’s power is turned off, it does not respond to any operation for a certain period of time.
- When open aperture is not selected for shooting, the aperture does not return to fully open.
※ Improvements may not be visible with some products.
※ The phenomenon that the diaphragm closes when the camera’s power is turned off is due to the characteristic of the camera and is considered to specification.
Thanks SonyAlphaRumors for spotting this!
- Sigma MC-11 Mount Converter to be Released on April 22, 2016
- Sony a7RII Firmware Version 3.00 and a7SII Firmware Version 2.00 Released!
- New Firmware Updates for Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM S & C Lenses
- Sony a7RII Firmware Update Version 1.10 Released, Download Now!
- Sony a7RII Firmware Version 2.0 Released (Uncompressed 14-Bit RAW), Download Now!