- Excellent sharpness
- Virtually no CA
- Generally low flare
- Great handling
- No Vibration Reduction
- No Weather Sealing
From ePHOTOzine Verdict:
The Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens is a high class, highly competent design that performs confidently and efficiently. It is of the modern breed of 85mm lenses, sharp from open aperture, as opposed to older designs that were intended to be softer wide open for the purposes of flattering portraits. This new lens is sharp throughout, although not cruelly over-sharp, so subjects should be pleased enough.
It is also delightful to use, the only omissions being vibration reduction and weather sealing, but the performance itself is not in question.
Read the full review at ePHOTOzine.
- Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS Lens ePHOTOzine Review: Excellent!
- Sony FE 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G OSS Lens ePHOTOzine Review: Excellent but Pricey!
- Sony FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens ePHOTOzine Review: Excellent Performer!
- Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM Lens Review at ePHOTOzine: “Superb in Every Respect”
- Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens Sample Images