We know that Sigma is actively working on about 12 lenses and at least three new Sigma lenses will be announced in 2016: Sigma 85mm f/1.4 Art Lens, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 Art OS Lens and Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS Sport Lens.
Sigma Austria posted a teaser on their Facebook page about a new lens that will be unveiled on February 23 for the 2016 CP+ show in Japan. Here is the translated text:
Today, we can pre-announce another world premiere – the [official] presentation will take place on February 23rd. At the moment, we can just tell you that it is once more something ‘sharp’ and ‘fast’ [in the sense of large aperture]. Please tell us about your favourite focal length. Keep writing us busily and stay tuned.
Your Sigma Austria team
According to the shape of the outline, this lens should be a telephoto zoom lens, probably the rumored Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS Sport Lens.
Stay tuned for more info.
Read more: Sigma Rumors
Note: If you are a Sigma User (Camera or Lens User), you can now join the Sigma Users Facebook Group to share your Sigma photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Sigma Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SigmaUsers
- Sigma 85mm f/1.4 Art, 24-70mm f/2.8 Art OS, 70-200mm f/2.8 OS Sport Lenses Coming in 2016
- Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Weather Sealed Sport Zoom Announced
- Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sport Lens Sample Images
- Sigma 150-600mm Sport Lens First Impressions Roundup
- Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 and 70-200mm f/2.8 OS Art Lenses NOT Coming Soon