The first impressions of Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sport Lens have been posted on several review sites. And the testers on Sigma 150-600mm are all enthusiastic so far.
Sigma announced two new 150-600mm F/5-6.3 DG OS HSM telephoto zoom lenses along with the Sigma 18-300mm F/3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM lens. Available for Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Sigma SA Bayonet mount, the sports version is dust and splash-proof (only the mount is sealed on the ‘C’ version). And the 150-600mm F/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports delivers enhanced, professional-grade optics and greater durability for challenging, high-action photographic situations.
Here is a sum up of what is said about Sigma 150-600mm Sport Lens.
Usability and build quality
- With an all-metal casing, the 150-600mm Sports feels very well built.
- Zoom creep does occur, especially with the heavy hood on − the lock switch is essential.
- Zoom and focus rings have a sturdy feel to them.
- As expected, the lens is unwieldy.
- The base of the tripod collar is adequately long and can be easily used as a handle when needed.
- Images are very sharp at both ends of the range, and exhibit a nice clarity.
- The bokeh is very pleasing.
- Some amount of vignetting is present over the zoom range (somewhat stronger at 600mm).
- Chromatic aberrations and flare are very well controlled, which probably contributes to the aforementioned clarity.
- Quick and silent. No inaccuracies have been reported so far.
- The lens teams up well with the follow-focus mode (AI-Servo) of the Canon EOS-1D X. Fast-moving subjects are tracked without problems.
|Support Camera Times, Buy from one of our affiliate retailers, Thanks !|
|Sigma 150-600mm Sport Lens for Canon EF Cameras||$1,999||Amazon/ Adorama|
|Sigma 150-600mm Sport Lens for Nikon F Cameras||$1,999||Amazon/ Adorama|
|Sigma 150-600mm Sport Lens for Sigma SA Cameras||$1,999||Amazon/ Adorama|