From The Digital Picture:
From the always-important image sharpness perspective, this lens is a very good performer with a caveat that I will of course explain. At f/4, this lens is quite sharp in the center of the frame over the full focal length range aside from performance becoming modestly softer from 20mm through 24mm. Stopping down to f/5.6 brings sharp center of the frame results to the entire focal length range……….
Some product evaluations are more fun to perform than others and this one ranks high up on the list. The Sigma’s great overall quality with the extremely wide focal lengths are what drive the fun-ness. This is not a cheap lens, and the focus shift is a notable shortcoming, but it delivered some very nice images for me.
A 12-24mm lens is not likely to be the sole lens in a kit, but it will complement nearly all lens kits very well. This lens will inspire creativity and provide uniqueness in your imagery. Read the full review
It seems that Sigma has another great Art series lens which can offer impressive optical performance with excellent AF performance. By the way, this Sigma 12-24mm f/4 DG HSM Art lens gets 80% overall score and Silver Award from the experts at DPReview.
Read more: Cyber Monday Camera Deals.
- Sigma 12-24mm f/4 DG HSM Art Lens Review (by LensTip)
- Sigma 12-24mm f/4 DG HSM Art Lens DxOMark Review: Wide, Cheap, Good
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens DxOMark Review: Best 24mm Lens for Nikon
- Sigma 12-24mm f/4 DG HSM Art Lens Gets Silver Award at DPReview
- Sigma 12-24mm f/4 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon in Stock and Shipping Now!