The new firmware update version 1.10 for Samsung NX500 (Amazon | B&H | Adorama) mirrorless camera has been released. The Samsung NX500 camera can get significant improvement in the AutoFocus system and video mode.
New firmware improves autofocus performance across the board: in low light, face detection, and movie mode. You will now notice quick AF performance under extremely low low-light environment, during face detection and in Movie mode. Samsung also added a new Zone AF mode and there are now five AF area sizes to choose from.
The Video mode get a turbo boost from Samsung: Movie Recording Time changed to 25 minutes at FHD 60P/50P; Added “Pro” mode in movie quality and increased the bit rates for movie size and quality (up to 70Mbps)
The Update Can be downloaded below via Wi-Fi on the camera or with Samsung’s iLauncher software.
Still Photo Enhancements:
- Improvements to the overall Auto Focus:
- Enhanced AF performance in low light condition
- Enhanced AF performance in backlit and spot light
- Enhanced AF performance in the corners when utilizing 16-50mm PZ lens
- Enhanced Face Detection AF performance
- Enhanced AF performance in movie mode
- Added “Zone AF” mode
- Increased the size of AF to 5 steps in AF “Area Size”
- Increased the Face Detection Area of the sensor
- Includes 4 most popular Pro Suggest presets (Cinematic, Memories, Gorgeous night, & High Speed)
- Added “Selfie as Flipped” mode
- The image is flipped to capture as in the preview.
- Improved “Selfie” AF function in Timer mode
- Continuous AF is default in “Selfie Timer.”
- Simplified EXIF data preview
Video Recording Enhancements:
- Added “Pro” mode in movie quality and increased the bit rates for movie size and quality (up to 70Mbps)
- Movie Recording Time changed to 25 minutes at FHD 60P/50P
- Larger sensor read out data size with improved FHD quality up to 60P
- Remains in Stand By mode after recording
- “1280×720 (120P)” setting in the Movie Size Menu for easy access
- Sound recording is available
- Capture individual 4K frame forward & backward with precision
- Embedded EXIF data in jpeg
- Added NEW MF Responsiveness mode
- Capable of setting to Low, Medium, High focus angle in manual focus mode
The firmware update can be downloaded via Wi-Fi on the camera or with Samsung’s iLauncher software.
- Sony Released New Firmware Update Version 2.00 for A6000, A7, A7R, A7S
- Samsung NX500 Images and Specs Leaked
- Fujifilm X-T1 Firmware Update Version 4.0 Details Leaked
- Fujifilm X-T1 Firmware Version 4.0 Announced, Available in Late June
- New Firmware Update Version 1.20 for Nikon D4S Available for Download