I just wonder to know: what’s your feeling if you hear that Fujifilm is working on the ultimate APS-C X-Trans X-series camera that will cost around $5000. And this is the big rumor today.
Fuji manager recently said:
“when we announce our new telephoto prime [in 2018] we also need a higher performance body”
So, what does that means?
According to the report from Fujirumors, Fujifilm is working on the ultimate APS-C X-Trans X-series camera that will cost around $5000. This high end Fuji APS-C X-Trans camera will be placed above the current Fujifilm X-T2 ($1,599) and Fujifilm X-Pro2 ($1,699) mirrorless camera (maybe it is the rumored Fujifilm X-T3). Designed for professional sports and action photographers, this new ultimate Fuji APS-C X-Trans X-series camera will feature maximum autofocus speed. And 2018 is indeed a year in which Fujifilm may choose to release such a camera. But the question is: for most photographers it is really hard to spend $5000 on an APS-C format mirrorless camera, will you? What do you think about this?
I have to mention that this is just a rumor, none is confirmed anyway so it’s best to take reports with a pinch of salt.
New Fujifilm Products:
See also: 2018 Fujifilm X-mount Lens Roadmap
- Fujifilm X-Pro2, X-E2s, X70 and XF 100-400mm Full Specs & Product Description
- Fujifilm Medium Format Mirrorless Camera Coming by the end of Summer?
- Confirmed: Fujifilm X-T2 to be Announced on July 7, 2016
- Fujifilm X-T2 to Have Internal 4K F-Log Recording
- Fujifilm GFX 50S Camera and GF Lenses Pricing Info