A hacker (ma1co) posted a big news in the Personal View forum saying that he managed to unlock the 30min video recording limit and the language menu on Sony cameras (for people with cameras fixed to Japanese).
An app to unlock settings on your Sony camera:
- Remove the 30min video recording limit
- Unlock the language menu
This app should be compatible with all Sony cameras supporting PlayMemories Camera Apps (PMCA). And if you are interested, you can download the hacked files at GitHub.
Some of the Sony users have already tried this app and it really works! Really nice! Reminder: You can download the latest firmware version for Sony a7RII and a7SII to solve the overheating issues)
Note: If you are a Sony Camera User, you can now join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Sony Camera Users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SonyCameraUsers
- Sony A6300 Has Overheating Issues During Video Recording?
- Sony A6100 or A7000 Rumored to Have 4K Video Recording, Fastest Autofocus
- New Sony 4K Camcorder to Have the Same Sony a7S Sensor and Internal 4K Recording
- Sony a7RII Real World Reviews
- Sony A6100 / A7000 Rumored Specs: 28MP, 4D Autofocus, 4K Recording