Phase One announced the new XF medium format camera system, IQ3 digital backs and two new lenses (Schneider Kreuznach 35mm LS f/3.5 and Schneider Kreuznach 120mm LS f/4.0 Macro). Phase One XF IQ3 digital backs come in three flavors: 50, 60, and 80MP. The 50MP version is a CMOS with a claimed 14 stops of dynamic range, while Phase One opted for CCD-based 60 and 80MP sensors that each offer 13 stops of DR. All three backs can take 60 minute exposures, sport 3.2″ touchscreen LCDs, and have built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi. The company also says that the IQ3 backs are capable of faster data transmission and power sharing between their two batteries. Additional information can be found on Phase One’s website.
Phase One has designed the XF Camera System to deliver its fastest, most robust and most expandable camera system for professional photographers. Important advancements include:
- New Autofocus Platform – The XF Camera System marks an important milestone for Phase One — a new patent pending and fully controlled in-house autofocus system: the Honeybee Autofocus Platform (HAP-1).
- New Flexible OneTouch User Interface (UI) – Based on clean Scandinavian design principles, the OneTouch UI is a seamless and highly customizable combination of dials, keys and touch screens, allowing photographers to personalize camera controls for their specific shooting requirements, via camera or software. Using a new modern Phase One Camera OS, the OneTouch UI is user upgradeable and will evolve in accordance with customer needs and feedback.
- New IQ3 Digital Backs – A new full frame IQ3 80MP digital back is the first of its kind to offer exposures of up to 60 minutes using a new and Phase One-exclusive imaging sensor. It joins the new IQ3 60MP and IQ3 50MP digital backs — all three of which feature a high-bandwidth interface that enables advanced tools in the new OneTouch UI, including power-sharing capabilities.
- New Lenses Ready for 100MP and Beyond – Two new Phase One Schneider Kreuznach Leaf Shutter lenses — 120mm and 35mm — are both designed to resolve beyond 100MP. They add to Phase One’s range of 20 high-resolution medium format optics, including a dedicated Leaf Shutter range, a Focal Plane range, specialty and zooms, and support for 60 legacy lenses.
- New Capture One Pro 8.3 – Delivering the market’s best RAW image quality, more than 25 advanced photographic tools, and industry leading professional workflow, Capture One Pro 8.3 is built specifically for the XF Camera System and supports more than 300 different models of 35mm DSLRs. It offers the option to customize XF camera controls and delivers up to 30 percent faster tethered shooting.
- New Modular Viewfinders – The XF Camera System introduces a new 90° Prism viewfinder and a new waist-level finder. The full frame solid glass prism viewfinder is the brightest of its kind, and comes standard on all XF cameras. The new waist-level viewfinder (an industry classic) can measure exposure thanks to the HAP-1 autofocus platform ability to perform light metering.
The New IQ3 Digital Backs – These include the first Phase One exclusive 80-megapixel sensor capable of 60 minutes exposure. IQ3 Digital Backs use a new high-capacity interface capable of delivering faster data transmission and power sharing between the system’s two batteries. The IQ3 high-capacity interface is the enabler of many advanced integration features and will be the foundation for OneTouch UI updates for years to come.
Capture One 8.3 – Capture One distinguishes Phase One systems from the rest, to offer photographers the most consistent image quality, by industry leading RAW conversion and image processing tools. With this update, Capture One delivers 30 percent faster tethered shooting. And with direct Wi-Fi connectivity of the IQ3 range, capturing images on the XF can be triggered from Capture Pilot running on any iOS device.
Availability and Pricing
Phase One XF camera system configurations are available now through Phase One photography partners worldwide: www.phaseone.com/partners
XF camera body, IQ3 Digital Back, Prism Viewfinder & Schneider Kreuznach 80mm LS lens:
XF IQ3 80MP – $48,990.00 / 38.990,00 EUR
XF IQ3 60MP – $41,990.00 / 33.990,00 EUR
XF IQ3 50MP – $40,990.00 / 31.990,00 EUR
Phase One Schneider Kreuznach Leaf Shutter lenses:
35mm – $6,490.00 / 5.490,00 EUR
120mm – $6,490.00 / 5.490,00 EUR
All systems come with Capture One 8.3 software for optimal RAW image processing and image editing.
- Fujifilm Medium Format Mirrorless Camera Coming by the end of Summer?
- Sony/Zeiss and Mamiya to Release Medium Format Rangefinder Cameras in 2015
- Sony/Zeiss and Mamiya Medium Format Rangefinder Cameras Details Leaked
- Hasselblad H5D-50c Medium Format DSLR Available for Pre-order
- Panasonic Lumix GF7 Mirrorless Camera Officially Announced