Panasonic will announce a new firmware update version 1.1 for Panasonic GH5 mirrorless camera on April 24, 2017. The new firmware Ver.1.1 enables 4:2:2 10-bit video recording in either FHD [MP4(LPCM)] / [MOV] and Anamorphic (4:3) mode, in addition to the existing 4K video recording mode.
The firmware version 1.1 also includes following firmware fixes that reflect customer feedback:
- A problem in which the exposure adjustment did not operate properly during live view standby under specific conditions using [Variable Frame Rate].
- A problem in which afterimages appeared when recording video under high ISO sensitivity settings in using [V-LogL]
The new DC-GH5 firmware Ver 1.1 is scheduled to be released on 24 April, 2017 at the following LUMIX Customer Support website: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/
Note: Join the Panasonic Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Panasonic photography and advice, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Reminder: Panasonic will release two firmware updates for Panasonic GH5 to further enhance its performance. The first was to arrive in April 24 and the second a bit later in ‘Summer 2017.’
The Panasonic GH5 mirrorless camera is temporarily out of stock at most US stores, check the availability:
Read more: Best Lenses for Panasonic GH5.
- Panasonic Announced Firmware Update V2.5 for GH4 to Add Post Focus and 4K Photo
- New Firmware Updates for Panasonic G7 and GX8 Released
- Panasonic GH4 Firmware Update Version 2.3 Released, Download Now!
- Panasonic Released Firmware Ver.2.5 for GH4 to Add Post Focus, 4K Photo and More!
- Panasonic Releases Firmware 2.4 for GH4 to Fix the “V-LOG L Activation Issues”